Mobile Application Development & Programming
High-Performance Windows Store Apps
- Your Price: $12.79
- List Price: $15.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2014
- Pages: 240
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-396720-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-396720-3
Understand what every developer should know about performance when building Windows Store apps. Not designed as a comprehensive reference, this book instead zeroes in on the essentials of planning for great performance and provides a solid starting point for building fast apps.
This concise, performance-focused guide:
- Provides an introduction to the Windows platform from a performance point of view
- Describes how to set performance goals, establish tests to track performance, and covers tools to instrument code and analyze performance
- Explains why common techniques such as micro benchmarks and ad hoc testing often fall short in verifying performance
- Focuses on managed C#/XAML apps
- Although tools and techniques also apply to Visual Basic/XAML apps, all code examples use C#
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase