This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
If you’re a busy professional, networking is the fastest and most effective way to build your business or career. Networking is a skill you can’t afford to be without. But what’s the best way to do it? The Financial Times Guide to Business Networking is your definitive introduction to a joined-up networking strategy that really works. Joined-up networking is the most effective way to win more business, climb the career ladder or set up and grow your own business. In this book, professional networker Heather Townsend guides you through everything you need to know to get the most out of both face-to-face and online networking.
PART I THE JOINED UP APPROACH TO BUSINESS NETWORKING
1. Why network?
2. How to create opportunities via networking
3. Behave like a great networker
PART II ONLINE AND FACE-TO-FACE NETWORKING OPTIONS EXPLORED
4. Face-to-face options
5. Online networking options
PART III ESSENTIAL NETWORKING SKILLS FOR THE JOINED UP NETWORKER
7. An introduction to the FITTER™ process for successful networking
8. Making the right first impression
9. How to keep conversation going
10. How to work a room
11. How to build your own community
12. Networking across cultural barriers
PART IV PUTTING YOUR JOINED UP APPROACH TO NETWORKING INTO ACTION
13. Building your own successful joined up networking strategy
14. Writing your joined up networking plan
15. How to fit it all in
16. A final word about networking