This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
If you are a beginner who needs a solid grounding in the best practices for creating websites, this book is for you.
Written by innovative curriculum developer and university web instructor Thomas Michaud, this book provides an accessible yet comprehensive look at web design and front-end coding, covering HTML, CSS, design principles and more. You’ll learn HTML semantics, structure, and validation, and how to separate content from design using CSS (levels 1, 2, and 3). Online videos and code examples let you follow along and practice with the code.
Some of the other things you’ll learn about include:
• text elements, links, objects, and tables
• using the box model for background images, padding, borders, and margins
• fixed vs. liquid page layout
• choosing between different navigation models
• creating and styling forms
Foundations of Web Design is an indispensable resource to quickly take you from sketching to coding.
1. Websites: the beginning
2. Text Elements
3. Links and Objects
5. CSS Introduction
6. HTML & CSS Attributes
7. CSS: Text and Colors
8. Box Model
9. Float, Position, and Display
10. Page Layout
11. Navigation Styles
12. HTML Forms -- April
13. Sketching to Coding (the Design Process)
14. Looking Ahead: Interactive Design
15. Extra: HTML and CSS Validation
16. Extra: File Transfer Protocol (FTP)