Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Enterprise Software Delivery: Bringing Agility and Efficiency to the Global Software Supply Chain
- Your Price: $25.59
- List Price: $31.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/4"
- Pages: 336
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-285152-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-285152-7
Globalization, rapid technology churn, and massive economic shifts have made it more difficult than ever to deliver high-value enterprise software.
In Enterprise Software Delivery, IBM Distinguished Engineer Alan W. Brown guides decision-makers in understanding these new challenges, choosing today’s best solutions, and successfully anticipating future trends.
Alan presents detailed, actionable techniques for building software supply chains that improve agility and innovation while responding to growing cost pressure. Using real-world case studies, he introduces the modern global software factory, demonstrating how to integrate and leverage global outsourced teams, collaborative application lifecycle management, and cloud-based virtual infrastructures.
Drawing on his extensive experience leading IBM Rational software strategy, and consulting with IBM enterprise customers, Alan illuminates everything from software R&D to metrics. Coverage includes
- Understanding recent dramatic changes in enterprise software delivery requirements and practices
- Overcoming false assumptions, outdated data and delivery models, and inexperience with strategy, innovation, education, or research
- Incorporating integrators and partners in centers of excellence that specialize in delivering business value
- Establishing team-based practices that encourage agility, scalability, and quality
- Building adaptive software factories that integrate real-time feedback and respond rapidly to change
- Using virtualized collaborative infrastructure to connect worldwide teams for developing software, assembling solutions, and delivering results
- Transcending barriers related to geography, organization, skills, and culture
If you’re an enterprise software leader, strategist, or practitioner, this book can help you improve every facet of performance you care about, including agility, quality, predictability, innovation, and value.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Design Patterns in Java LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable Version
- Downloadable Video $239.99
- Agile Transformation LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable Version: Four Steps to Organizational Change
- Downloadable Video $239.99