Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Your Price: $38.39
- List Price: $47.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2011
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-261936-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-261936-3
When carefully selected and used, Domain-Specific Languages (DSLs) may simplify complex code, promote effective communication with customers, improve productivity, and unclog development bottlenecks. In Domain-Specific Languages, noted software development expert Martin Fowler first provides the information software professionals need to decide if and when to utilize DSLs. Then, where DSLs prove suitable, Fowler presents effective techniques for building them, and guides software engineers in choosing the right approaches for their applications.
This book’s techniques may be utilized with most modern object-oriented languages; the author provides numerous examples in Java and C#, as well as selected examples in Ruby. Wherever possible, chapters are organized to be self-standing, and most reference topics are presented in a familiar patterns format.
Armed with this wide-ranging book, developers will have the knowledge they need to make important decisions about DSLs–and, where appropriate, gain the significant technical and business benefits they offer.
The topics covered include:
• How DSLs compare to frameworks and libraries, and when those alternatives are sufficient
• Using parsers and parser generators, and parsing external DSLs
• Understanding, comparing, and choosing DSL language constructs
• Determining whether to use code generation, and comparing code generation strategies
• Previewing new language workbench tools for creating DSLs
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Learning iCloud Data Management: A Hands-On Guide to Structuring Data for iOS and OS X
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- R for Everyone: Advanced Analytics and Graphics
- Book $31.99