Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Discipline for Software Engineering, A
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 1995
- Dimensions: 6-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 816
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-54610-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-54610-1
This new work from Watts Humphrey lays the foundation for a disciplined approach to software engineering. In his previous book, Humphrey developed methods for managing an organization's software process. These methods, now commonly practiced in industry, provide to programmers and managers specific steps they can take to evaluate and to improve their software development and software maintenance capabilities. In Humphrey's new book, he scales those methods down to a more personal level, helping software engineers working on relatively small-scale programs to develop the skills and the habits they will need later in their professional life to plan, track, and analyze large and complex software projects more carefully and more successfully.
Clear examples and samples drawn from industry enhance the practical focus of the book. Exercises in the form of projects give readers the opportunity to practice process management as they learn it, a comprehensive instructor's set includes notes on teaching the course, overhead masters, modifiable assignment kits in Word, and a statistical support package in the form of Excel spreadsheets for the analysis of individual and class data.Features
- Presents concepts and methods for a disciplined software engineering process
- Scales down industrial practices for planning, tracking, analysis, and defect management to for the needs of small-scale program development
- Shows how small project disciplines provide a solid base for larger projects
Table of Contents
1. The Personal Process Strategy.
2. The Baseline Personal Process.
3. Planning I: The Planning Process.
4. Planning II: Measuring Software Size.
5. Planning III: Estimating Software Size.
6. Planning IV: Planning.
7. Measurement In The Personal Software Process.
8. Design and Code Reviews.
9. Software Quality Management.
10. Software Design.
11. Scaling Up The Personal Software Process.
12. Design Verification.
13. Defining the Software Process.
14. Using the Personal Software Process.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.