Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Design and Evolution of C++, The
- Your Price: $55.99
- List Price: $69.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 1994
- Dimensions: 6-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 480
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-54330-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-54330-8
The inventor of C++ presents the definitive insider's guide to the design and development of the C++ programming language. Without ommitting critical details or getting bogged down in technicalities, Stroustrup presents his unique insights into the decisions that shaped C++. Every C++ programmer will benefit from Stroustrup's explanations of the 'why's' behind C++ from the earliest features, such as the original class concept, to the latest extensions, such as new casts and explicit template instantiation.
Some C++ design decisions have been universally praised, while others remain controversial, and debated vigorously; still other features have been rejected based on experimentation. In this book, Stroustrup dissects many of these decisions to present a case study in "real object- oriented language development" for the working programmer. In doing so, he presents his views on programming and design in a concrete and useful way that makes this book a must-buy for every C++ programmer.Features
- Written by the inventor of C++ Stroustrup
- Provides insights into the design decisions which shaped C++.
- Gives technical summaries of C++.
- Discusses the latest language features: templates, exceptions, run-time type information, and namespaces.
- Presents Stroustrup's unique programming and design views.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Tour of C++, A
- Book $23.99
- Tour of C++, A
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.19