Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Decision Management Systems: A Practical Guide to Using Business Rules and Predictive Analytics
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Pages: 320
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-288445-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-288445-7
"A very rich book sprinkled with real-life examples as well as battle-tested advice.”
—Pierre Haren, VP ILOG, IBM
"James does a thorough job of explaining Decision Management Systems as enablers
of a formidable business transformation.”
—Deepak Advani, Vice President, Business Analytics Products and SPSS, IBM
Build Systems That Work Actively to Help You Maximize Growth and Profits
Most companies rely on operational systems that are largely passive. But what if you could make your systems active participants in optimizing your business? What if your systems could act intelligently on their own? Learn, not just report? Empower users to take action instead of simply escalating their problems? Evolve without massive IT investments?
Decision Management Systems can do all that and more. In this book, the field’s leading expert demonstrates how to use them to drive unprecedented levels of business value. James Taylor shows how to integrate operational and analytic technologies to create systems that are more agile, more analytic, and more adaptive. Through actual case studies, you’ll learn how to combine technologies such as predictive analytics, optimization, and business rules—improving customer service, reducing fraud, managing risk, increasing agility, and driving growth.
Both a practical how-to guide and a framework for planning, Decision Management Systems focuses on mainstream business challenges.
- Understanding how Decision Management Systems can transform your business
- Planning your systems “with the decision in mind”
- Identifying, modeling, and prioritizing the decisions you need to optimize
- Designing and implementing robust decision services
- Monitoring your ongoing decision-making and learning how to improve it
- Proven enablers of effective Decision Management Systems: people, process, and technology
- Identifying and overcoming obstacles that can derail your Decision Management Systems initiative
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Patterns of Information Management
- Book $43.99
- Is Your Company Ready for Cloud: Choosing the Best Cloud Adoption Strategy for Your Business
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.19