CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Authorized Cert Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test, 2nd Edition
- By David L. Prowse
- Published Feb 27, 2012 by Pearson IT Certification. Part of the Cert Guide series.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-1/2 X 9-1/4
- Pages: 800
- Edition: 2nd
- Premium Edition eBook
- ISBN-10: 0-13-307016-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307016-3
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Limited Time Offer: Buy CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Cert Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test and receive a 10% off discount code for the CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 exam. To receive your 10% off discount code login to your pearsonITcertification.com Account page, locate the product and click on “Access Bonus Content”.
The exciting new CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Cert Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test is a digital-only certification preparation product combining an eBook with enhanced Pearson IT Certification Practice Test with an added bonus of complete video solutions to the 25 hands-on labs. The Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test contains the following items:
- The Security+ SY0-301 Premium Edition Practice Test, including three full practice exams and enhanced practice test features
- PDF and EPUB formats of the CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, which are accessible via your PC, tablet, and Smartphone
- Complete video solutions to the 25 hands-on labs
About the Premium Edition Practice Test
This Premium Edition contains an enhanced version of the Pearson IT Certification Practice Test (PCPT) software with three full practice exams. In addition, it contains all the chapter-opening assessment questions from the book. This integrated learning package:
- Allows you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams
- Includes direct links from each question to detailed tutorials to help you understand the concepts behind the questions
- Provides unique sets of exam-realistic practice questions
- Tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7;
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client;
Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent);
512 MB RAM;
650 MB disc space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam
About the Premium Edition eBook and Video Solutions
Learn, prepare, and practice for CompTIA Security+ SYO-301 exam success with this CompTIA Authorized Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT certification learning and a CompTIA Authorized Platinum Partner.
- Master CompTIA’s new Security+ SY0-301 exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Includes complete video solutions to the 25 hands-on labs
CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Authorized Cert Guide is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Best-selling author and expert instructor David Prowse shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Authorized Cert Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
The Premium Edition eBook contains access to complete video solutions to the 25 hands-on labs in the book focused on key exam topics. Go to the back pages of your eBook for instructions on how to access the video solutions.
- 2-1 Using Free Malware Scanning Programs
- 2-2 How to Secure the BIOS
- 3-1 Discerning & Updating Service Pack Level
- 3-2 Creating a Virtual Machine
- 3-3 Securing a Virtual Machine
- 4-1 Securing the Browser
- 4-2 Disabling Applications
- 5-1 Port Scanning Basics
- 6-1 Packet Filtering and NAT Firewalls
- 6-2 Configuring Inbound Filter on a Firewall
- 6-3 Enabling MAC Filtering
- 7-1 Securing a Wireless Device: 8 Steps
- 7-2 Wardriving and the Cure
- 8-1 Enabling 802.1X on a Network Adapter
- 8-2 Setting Up a VPN
- 9-1 Password Policies and User Accounts
- 9-2 Configuring User and Group Permissions
- 10-1 Mapping and Scanning the Network
- 10-2 Password Cracking and Defense
- 11-1 Using Protocol Analyzers
- 12-1 Disabling LM Hash in Windows Server 2003
- 13-1 A Basic Example of PKI
- 13-2 Making an SSH Connection
- 14-1 Configuring RAID 1 and 5
- 16-1 How to Approach Exam Questions
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this CompTIA authorized study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The CompTIA authorized study guide helps you master all the topics on the Security+ exam, including:
- Core computer system security concepts
- OS hardening and virtualization
- Application security
- Network design elements and threats
- Perimeter security
- Network media and devices security
- Physical security and authentication models
- Access control methods and models
- Vulnerability and risk assessment
- Monitoring and auditing
- Cryptography, including PKI
- Redundancy and disaster recovery
- Policies and procedures
Premium Edition eBook
Also available in other formats.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.