Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
C++ GUI Programming with Qt4, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $44.79
- List Price: $55.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2008
- Pages: 752
- Edition: 2nd
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-279916-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-279916-4
The Only Official, Best-Practice Guide to Qt 4.3 Programming
Using Trolltech's Qt you can build industrial-strength C++ applications that run natively on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux without source code changes. Now, two Trolltech insiders have written a start-to-finish guide to getting outstanding results with the latest version of Qt: Qt 4.3.
Packed with realistic examples and in-depth advice, this is the book Trolltech uses to teach Qt to its own new hires. Extensively revised and expanded, it reveals today's best Qt programming patterns for everything from implementing model/view architecture to using Qt 4.3's improved graphics support. You'll find proven solutions for virtually every GUI development task, as well as sophisticated techniques for providing database access, integrating XML, using subclassing, composition, and more. Whether you're new to Qt or upgrading from an older version, this book can help you accomplish everything that Qt 4.3 makes possible.
- Completely updated throughout, with significant new coverage of databases, XML, and Qtopia embedded programming
- Covers all Qt 4.2/4.3 changes, including Windows Vista support, native CSS support for widget styling, and SVG file generation
- Contains separate 2D and 3D chapters, coverage of Qt 4.3's new graphics view classes, and an introduction to QPainter's OpenGL back-end
- Includes new chapters on look-and-feel customization and application scripting
- Illustrates Qt 4's model/view architecture, plugin support, layout management, event processing, container classes, and much more
- Presents advanced techniques covered in no other book—from creating plugins to interfacing with native APIs
- Includes a new appendix on Qt Jambi, the new Java version of Qt
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Embedded Linux Primer: A Practical Real-World Approach, Portable Documents, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99
- Advanced Qt Programming: Creating Great Software with C++ and Qt 4
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19