Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 624
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-309059-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-309059-8
The authors guide you through building full-featured Windows Store apps that merge the best aspects of desktop, web, and mobile apps into a single user and developer experience. You’ll learn how to leverage the full power of the Windows 8 platform and integrate services ranging from client-side state to offline storage. Leveraging these techniques, you can deliver information to users faster, more clearly, and more concisely, on whatever devices they prefer.
- Understanding powerful new improvements in Windows 8 developer experience
- Using Windows 8’s more flexible binding to update the UI as underlying data changes
- Creating layouts and typography that fit Windows 8 style and leverage its advantages
- Working with audio, video, captured media, animation, and HTML5 graphics
- Making your app “connectable” with PlayTo
- Integrating WinJS navigation services to improve UI control
- Maintaining app states built up over time, and sharing them across devices
- Writing highly responsive async apps
- Supporting true-touch metaphors and interactions, location data, and sensors
- Designing apps for the Windows 8 design language
- Discovering best practices for monetizing Windows Store apps
All of the downloadable examples can be created and run with Microsoft’s free Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8, which includes all you need to build, package, and deploy your Windows Store apps.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- C# Async Fundamentals LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable
- Downloadable Video $79.99