Mobile Application Development & Programming
Build Windows 8 Apps with Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic Step by Step
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 368
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6827-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6827-0
Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to building Windows 8 apps with .NET
Teach yourself how to build Windows 8 applications using Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 with Microsoft Visual C# 2012 or Visual Basic 2012—one step at a time. Ideal for those with intermediate to advanced .NET development skills, this tutorial provides practical, learn-by-doing exercises for creating apps that easily adapt to different screen sizes—including desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and slates. C# examples are presented in the text; Visual Basic code examples are available online only.
Discover how to:
- Build apps using Windows 8 design guidelines
- Explore the Windows 8 application architecture
- Apply tools and libraries from Visual Studio and the Windows 8 SDK
- Use XAML to create touch-optimized user interfaces
- Create apps that make use of device sensors
- Manage the Windows 8 application lifecycle
- Prepare your app for the Windows Store
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Windows Store apps
- Chapter 2: Windows 8 UI style
- Chapter 3: My first Windows 8 app
- Chapter 4: Application lifecycle management
- Chapter 5: Introduction to the Windows Runtime
- Chapter 6: Windows Runtime APIs
- Chapter 7: Enhance the user experience
- Chapter 8: Asynchronous patterns
- Chapter 9: Rethinking the UI for Windows 8 apps
- Chapter 10: Architecting a Windows 8 app
- About the Authors
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase