This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Master ASP.NET Core hands-on: from architecture through deployment and beyond
Throughout, you’ll discover how to deliver state-of-the-art software faster and more repeatably than ever before.
Three leading Microsoft MVPs show how to:
• Build great cross-platform apps using ASP.NET Core and open source frameworks
• Go beyond MVC to build a complete ASP.Net Core application
• Create builds on Day One and quickly deploy viable products
• Integrate Azure support to gain cloud scalability
• Run or develop cross-platform solutions on Linux
• Establish consistent development environments with Docker
• Access data with Entity Framework Core 1.0
• Generate HTML views with the updated Razor view engine
• Apply the new configuration system and structured logging
• Use identity to enforce security and provide rights
• Improve testability and maintainability with dependency injection
• Choose and work with package managers to make life easier
• Use SASS to write maintainable, attractive CSS
• Make the most of tag helpers and other reusable components
• Test web apps efficiently using xUnit.net and Jasmine
• Design, organize, and refactor apps to smoothly accommodate change
Get all code samples, including complete apps, at: https://aka.ms/ASPCoreAppDev/downloads
Follow the instructions to download this book's practice files.
PART I ALPINE SKI HOUSE
Chapter 1 How We Got Here
Chapter 2 Influencers
Chapter 3 Models, Views, and Controllers
Chapter 4 Scoping the Project
Chapter 5 Builds
Chapter 6 Deployment
PART 2 SPRINT RETRO: A JOURNEY OF 1000 STEPS
Chapter 7 Building Web Applications with Microsoft Azure
Chapter 8 Cross-Platform
Chapter 9 Containers
Chapter 10 Entity Framework Core
Chapter 11 Razor Views
Chapter 12 Configuration and Logging
PART 3 SPRINT RETRO: THE BELLY OF THE BEAST
Chapter 13 Identity, Security, and Rights Management
Chapter 14 Dependency Injection
Chapter 16 Dependency Management
Chapter 17 Front End with Style
Chapter 18 Caching 281
PART 4 SPRINT RETRO: HOME STRETCH
Chapter 19 Reusable Components
Chapter 20 Testing
Chapter 21 Extensibility
Chapter 22 Internationalization
Chapter 23 Refactoring and Improving Code Quality
Chapter 24 Organizing the Code
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.