Mobile Application Development & Programming
HTML5 & Web Standards
Architecting Mobile Solutions for the Enterprise
- Your Price: $25.59
- List Price: $31.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 472
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6300-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6300-8
Your guide to planning and executing a complete mobile web strategy
Revisit your approach to the mobile web—and deliver effective solutions that reach customers and clients on a variety of mobile devices. In this practical guide, web development luminary Dino Esposito shows you how to develop a solid mobile strategy for the enterprise, starting with an effective mobile website. You’ll receive essential architectural and implementation guidance, as well as mobile-specific design patterns for building cross-platform and native applications.
Discover how to:
- Architect a website accessible from many different mobile devices
- Implement design patterns specific to mobile app development
- Examine tools that enable you to write one codebase for many platforms
- Use technologies for building Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android apps
- Develop cross-platform app features, such as localization and offline behavior
Table of Contents
- Part I: Going Mobile
- Chapter 1: Pillars of a Mobile Strategy
- Chapter 2: Mobile Sites vs. Native Applications
- Part II: Mobile Sites
- Chapter 3: Mobile Architecture
- Chapter 4: Building Mobile Websites
- Chapter 5: HTML5 and jQuery Mobile
- Chapter 6: Developing Responsive Mobile Sites
- Part III: Mobile Applications
- Chapter 7: Patterns of Mobile Application Development
- Chapter 8: Developing for iOS
- Chapter 9: Developing for Android
- Chapter 10: Developing for Windows Phone
- Chapter 11: Developing with PhoneGap
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase