This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
The first collection of cases on “big data” analytics for supply chain, operations research, and operations management, this reference puts readers in the position of the analytics professional and decision-maker. Perfect for students, practitioners, and certification candidates in SCM, OM, and OR, these short, focused, to-the-point case studies illustrate the entire decision-making process. They provide realistic opportunities to perform analyses, interpret output, and recommend an optimal course of action. Contributed by leading “big data” experts, the cases in The Applied Business Analytics Casebook covers:
Part 1: Forecasting and Statistical Analysis
1. Forecasting Sales at Ska Brewing Company
2. Maintaining Financial Success and Expanding into Other Markets at FeedMyPet.com
3. Forecasting Offertory Revenue at St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church
4. Pizza Station
Part 2: Optimization and Simulation
5. Inventory Management at Squirrel Hill Cosmetics
6. Safety Stock Planning for a Hong Kong Fashion Retailer
7. Network Design at Commonwealth Pipeline Company
8. Publish or Perish: Scheduling Challenges in the Publishing Industry
Part 3: Decision Analysis
9. Narragansett Brewing Company: Build a Brewery
10. Aluminum vs. Plastic: A Life-Cycle Perspective on the Use of These Materials in Laptop Computers
11. HealthCare’s Corporate Social Responsibility Program
12. Paperbackswap.com: Got Books?
13. Stranded in the Nyiri Desert: A Group Case Study
Part 4: Advanced Business Analytics
14. Joe’s Coin Shop: Entry into Online Auctions
15. Vehicle Routing at Otto’s Discount Brigade
_____The complete, up-to-date casebook for analytics in SCM, OM, and OR: concise, focused cases that make you the analyst and decision-maker.