Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Android Tablet Developer's Cookbook, The
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 576
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-313730-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-313730-9
The Android Tablet Developer’s Cookbook helps experienced Android developers leverage new Android 4.2.2 features to build compelling applications that take full advantage of tablets’ bigger screens, dual-core processors, and larger, faster memory.
Tightly focused on Android 4.2.2’s tablet-related capabilities, it presents an unparalleled library of easy-to-reuse code for solving real-world problems. Everything’s organized in modular, standalone sections to help you quickly find what you’re looking for, even when you need to use multiple classes together.
Throughout, B.M. Harwani clearly explains how Android tablet apps are unique, how to leverage Android skills and libraries you’ve already mastered, and how to efficiently integrate tablet APIs and features. From media to NFC, porting phone apps to integrating analytics, this book will help you do it fast and do it right.
- Providing user control via the system clipboard, notifications, and pending intents
- Supporting drag and drop for both text and images
- Displaying navigation and core app functionality via the ActionBar
- Using widgets to present calendars, number pickers, image stacks, and options lists
- Delivering powerful graphics via animation and hardware accelerated 2D
- Recording audio, video, and images
- Responding to sensors
- Pairing tablets to other Bluetooth-enabled Android devices or PCs
- Using Wi-Fi Direct to share media
- Creating custom home screen widgets
- Making the most of threads and the AsyncTask class
- Exchanging data via JSON
- Displaying and browsing Web content via the WebView widget
- Creating fragments dynamically at runtime and implementing communication between fragments
- Porting apps from smartphones to tablets and building new apps for both
- Supporting older versions of the Android SDK
- Sharing data and messages via NFC with Android Beam
- Integrating app analytics and tracking
Turn to The Android Tablet Developer’s Cookbook for proven, expert answers--and the code you need to implement them. It’s all you need to jump-start any project and quickly create compelling Android tablet apps that sell!
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Android Development with Android Studio and Eclipse - LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable
- Downloadable Video $119.99
- Android for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79