Software Development & Management
Agile Portfolio Management
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 240
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3065-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3065-9
Agile development processes foster better collaboration, innovation, and results. So why limit their use to software projects—when you can transform your entire business?
Written by agile-mentoring expert Jochen Krebs, this book illuminates the opportunities—and rewards—of applying agile processes to your overall IT portfolio.
Whether project manager, business analyst, or executive—you’ll understand the business drivers behind agile portfolio management. And learn best practices for optimizing results.
Use agile processes to align IT and business strategy
- Adapt and extend core agile processes
- Orchestrate the collaboration between IT and business vision
- Eliminate wish-list driven requirements, and manage expectations instead
- Optimize the balance of projects, resources, and assets in your portfolio
- Use metrics to communicate project status, quality, even team morale
- Create a portfolio strategy consistent with the goals of the organization
- Achieve organizational and process transparency
- Manage your business with agility—and help maximize the returns!
Table of Contents
- Praise for Agile Project Management
- Part I: Agile for Managers
- Chapter 1: Motivations
- Chapter 2: Agile Software Development
- Chapter 3: Project Management
- Part II: Defining, Planning, and Measuring Portfolios
- Chapter 4: Foundation
- Chapter 5: Metrics
- Chapter 6: Return on Investment
- Chapter 7: Project Portfolio Management
- Chapter 8: Resource Portfolio Management
- Chapter 9: Asset Portfolio Management
- Chapter 10: Portfolios in Action
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase