Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Advanced iOS 6 Developer's Cookbook, The, 4th Edition
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 528
- Edition: 4th
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-312087-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312087-5
The Advanced iOS 6 Developer’s Cookbook brings together reliable, proven solutions for cutting-edge iOS 6 development. World-renowned iOS expert Erica Sadun covers device-specific development, document/data sharing, Core Text, networking, image processing, onboard cameras, audio, Address Book, Core Location, GameKit,StoreKit, push notifications, and more.
As in her previous bestselling iOS books, Sadun translates today’s development best practices into working code, distilling key concepts into concise recipes that are easy to understand and transfer into your own projects. This isn’t just cut and paste. Using her examples, Sadun fully explains both the “how” and “why” of advanced and specialized iOS 6 development.
All code is tested with iOS 6 features and iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch capabilities. Throughout, every chapter groups related tasks together, so you can jump straight to your solution without having to identify the right class or framework first. Coverage includes
- Testing device properties so your app can take full advantage of the iOS unit it’s running on
- Seamlessly sharing documents and data across apps and moving control between apps
- Presenting exceptionally attractive text with freeform text typesetting
- Building touch-based apps that leverage Bezier curves, splines, and other geometric tools
- Securing network apps via authentication, system keychains, and OAuth
- Accessing and processing image data to create special effects
- Integrating live camera feeds and user snapshots
- Presenting audio to users and enabling them to interact with it
- Effectively using Address Book frameworks and GUI classes
- Building advanced location apps with Core Location geopositioning and MapKit
- Creating connected game play with GameKit/Game Center: device-to-device networking, shared leaderboards, and Internet-based matches
- Integrating secure in-app purchasing with StoreKit
- Communicating with users from web-based services via push notifications
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Sams Teach Yourself Objective-C in 24 Hours, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, 4th Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99
- iOS UICollectionView: The Complete Guide, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.99