Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Adaptive Leadership: Accelerating Enterprise Agility
- Your Price: $19.99
- List Price: $24.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 124
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-359844-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359844-5
Lessons from Agile’s First Decade…Leadership for Agile’s Next Decade
The agile software movement has now been around for a full decade. As coauthor of the original Agile Manifesto, Jim Highsmith has been at its heart since the beginning. He’s spent the past decade helping hundreds of organizations transition to agile/lean. When it comes to agile, he’s seen it all–in a variety of industries, worldwide.
Now, in Adaptive Leadership, he has compiled, updated, and extended his best writings about agile and lean methods for a management audience. Highsmith doesn’t just reveal what’s working and what isn’t; he offers a powerful new vision for extending agility across the enterprise.
Drawing on what’s been learned in application development, this guide shows how to use adaptive leadership techniques to transform the way you deliver complete solutions, whatever form they take. You’ll learn how enterprise agility can enable the ambitious organizational missions that matter most; how leaders can deliver a continuous stream of value; how to think disruptively about opportunities, and how to respond quickly by creating more adaptive, innovative organizations.
- Discovering and executing new business opportunities far more quickly
- Delivering complete business solutions earlier, and iterating them more often
- Organizing for innovation, and systematically managing opportunity flow
- Clarifying the degree of strategic, portfolio, and operational agility you need, and focusing on your highest-value transformations
- Creating cultures that actually can adapt and learn
- Reinvigorating the roots of agile value and values
- Understanding IT’s changing value proposition, and retraining your people accordingly
- Integrating economics, products, and social responsibility
- Choosing metrics that guide agility, not counterproductive traditional metrics
- Understanding the financial implications of technical debt
- Optimizing business value by doing less–and guiding the process with ”NOT to do“ lists
- Speculating intelligently when you can’t plan away uncertainty
- Customizing management to each project’s needs (because not all projects should be equally agile)
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.