Home > Articles > Web Services > SOA
Sort by Date | Title
- Introducing Master Data Management, An SOA Approach to Managing Core Information
Allen Dreibelbis, Eberhard Hechler, Ivan Milman, Paul Van Run, Dan Wolfson
- Jul 7, 2008
- This chapter provides an introduction to master data and the characteristics of Master Data Management (MDM) systems.
- Implementing SOA: Using Services
Paul C. Brown
- May 14, 2008
- This chapter explores choices for integrating services into business processes.
- So, What Is This WCF Anyway?
Steve Resnick, Chris Bowen, Richard Crane
- Feb 22, 2008
- Steve Resnick, Richard Crane and Chris Bowen walk us through the basics of Windows Communication Foundation.
- SOA and Web 2.0: Putting It All Together
- Dec 28, 2007
- Create a plan for your company's journey toward innovation by building and following a set of guiding principles and goals, as outlined in this chapter.
- Packaging Information in the Form of Services: The SOA Challenge
Paul C. Brown
- Dec 7, 2007
- This chapter describes the challenges faced by businesses as they attempt to move to an SOA model.
- SOA Project Planning Aspects
Sanjay Bose, Norbert Bieberstein, Marc Fiammante, Keith Jones, Rawn Shah
- Nov 18, 2005
- This chapter takes the next step toward execution by focusing on how to plan an SOA project. The topics in this chapter constitute the best practices the authors have uncovered for forming a project office, how to define the phases of SOA adoption, the need for and mechanisms of SOA governance, and finally, the various project roles and how they interact with each other.
- Introduction to SOA with Web Services
Greg Lomow, Eric Newcomer
- Jan 7, 2005
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) provides a commmon coding foundation for various applications, in order to simplify and streamline IT development.
- Beginning SOA Using BEA WebLogic Workshop
- Oct 15, 2004
- Emmanuel Proulx discusses service-oriented architecture (SOA) and provides an example of an SOA system using the BEA WebLogic Workshop development environment.
- Introduction to Web Services Technologies: SOA, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI
- Sep 3, 2004
- Thomas Erl delves into the concepts and technology behind Web services, including Web services and the service-oriented architecture (SOA), Web Services Description Language (WSDL), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), and Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI).