Customizing Your Galaxy Note II
Topics in this chapter include the following:
- → Using wallpapers and live wallpapers
- → Replacing the keyboard
- → Adjusting sound and display settings
- → Setting region and language
Your Galaxy Note II arrives preconfigured to appeal to most buyers; however, you might want to change the way some of the features work, or even personalize it to fit your mood or lifestyle. Luckily your Galaxy Note II is customizable.
Changing Your Wallpaper
Your Galaxy Note II comes preloaded with a cool wallpaper. You can install other wallpapers, use live wallpapers that animate, and even use pictures in the Gallery application as your wallpaper.
- Touch and hold in an open area on the Home screen.
- Touch Set Wallpaper.
- Select where you want to change the wallpaper.
- Touch the type of wallpaper you want to use. Use the steps in one of the following three sections to select your wallpaper.
Wallpaper from Gallery Pictures
You can use any picture in your Gallery as a wallpaper.
- Select the photo you want to use as your wallpaper.
- Move the crop box to the part of the photo you want to use.
- Adjust the size of the crop box to include the part of the photo you want.
- Touch Done to use the cropped portion of the photo as your wallpaper.
Live wallpaper is wallpaper with some intelligence behind it. It can be a cool animation or even an animation that keys off things such as the music you are playing on your Galaxy Note II, or it can be something simple such as the time. There are some very cool live wallpapers in Google Play that you can install and use.
- Touch the live wallpaper you want to use. This example uses the Star Trek: Red Alert live wallpaper.
- Touch to see and change the live wallpaper settings.
- Touch Set Wallpaper to use the live wallpaper.
Choose a static wallpaper.
- Scroll left and right to see all of the wallpapers.
- Touch a wallpaper to preview it.
- Touch Set Wallpaper to use the wallpaper.