Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Your First Notebook PC (Adobe Reader)
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $12.79
- List Price: $15.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7 X 9-1/8
- Pages: 432
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-7686-7955-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7686-7955-7
Using a notebook PC is different from using a desktop PC. Not only are the keyboard and screen smaller, you have to deal with battery life, notebook security, connecting to the Internet at Wi-Fi hot spots, and figuring out how to enter numbers without a numeric keypad. How do you do what you need to do on your new notebook PC?
Your First Notebook PC is the solution to your problems. This book focuses on how to shop for, set up, and use a new notebook PC. You’ll learn all about different types of notebooks, unique notebook features, and useful notebook accessories. You’ll also discover how to get the most out of your notebook at home, at the office, and on the road–and how to troubleshoot any problems you might encounter!
Your First Notebook PC shows you how to:
• Choose the right type of notebook for your needs
• Set up and configure a new notebook
• Use Windows Vista and its notebook-specific features
• Connect your notebook to a wireless home network and the Internet
• Share files and folders with other users–and sync your files between two PCs
• Use your notebook to listen to music and play DVD movies
• Connect your notebook to an office network–and use it for essential business operations
• Use your notebook to give PowerPoint presentations
• Connect your notebook to a public Wi-Fi hot spot–and send and receive email from any location
• Keep your notebook secure when traveling
• Extend the life of your notebook’s battery
• Upgrade your notebook’s hardware
• Troubleshoot common problems
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics, Adobe Reader, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Adobe DRM) $12.13