Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
XML Processing with Python
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2000
- Dimensions: 7 X 9-1/4
- Pages: 556
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-021119-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-021119-4
- Breakthrough techniques for building XML applications fast!
- Includes a detailed Python tutorial
- Learn about DOM and SAX application development with Python
- Exclusive coverage of the new Pyxie XML processing library
- CD-ROM includes Python and Pyxie distributions for Windows NT and Linuxplus powerful utilities and lots of working code
"XML processing is the newest required skill for webmasters and application developers. The Python language and Sean McGrath's book make it fun to learn and easy to do."
Charles F. Goldfarb
When it comes to XML processing, Python is in a league of its own.
If you're doing XML development without Python, you're wasting time! Python offers outstanding productivity especially in the areas that matter most to XML developers, such as XML parsing, DOM/SAX implementations, string processing, and Internet APIs.
And now there's Pyxie the new open source library that makes Python XML processing even easier and more powerful. In XML Processing with Python, top XML developer Sean McGrath delivers the hands-on explanations and examples you need to get results with Python and Pyxie fast even if you've never used them before!
- Install Python and the Pyxie XML package
- Learn the fundamentals of Python: control structures, classes, nested lists, dictionaries, and regular rexpresions
- Process XML with regular expression-driven, event-driven, and tree-driven techniques
- Understand Python's support for DOM and SAX APIs
- Explore the power of Python/XML through worked examples of GUI development, database integration, and an XML query-by-example implementation.
Elegant, easy, powerful and fun, Python helps you build world-class XML applications in less time than you ever imagined. If you know XML, one book has all the techniques, code, and tools you'll need to process it: XML Processing with Python.CD-ROM INCLUDED
The accompanying CD-ROM contains everything you need to develop XML applications with Python including
- complete Python distributions for Windows and Linux
- the Pyxie open-source libraries
- powerful utility programs
- an extensive library of sample source code tested on both Windows NT and Linux
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.