Mobile Application Development & Programming
Windows Phone 8 Development Internals
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 1044
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-7623-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-7623-7
Build and optimize Windows Phone 8 apps for performance and security
Drill into Windows Phone 8 design and architecture, and learn best practices for building phone apps for consumers and the enterprise. Written by two senior members of the core Windows Phone Developer Platform team, this hands-on book gets you up to speed on the Windows 8 core features and application model, and shows you how to build apps with managed code in C# and native code in C++. You’ll also learn how to incorporate Windows Phone 8 features such as speech, the Wallet, and in-app purchase.
Discover how to:
- Create UIs with unique layouts, controls, and gesture support
- Manage databinding with the Model View ViewModel pattern
- Build apps that target Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7
- Use built-in sensors, including the accelerometer and camera
- Consume web services and connect to social media apps
- Share code across Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 apps
- Build and deploy company hub apps for the enterprise
- Start developing games using Direct3D
- Test your app and submit it to the Windows Phone Store
Please download the files associated with Windows® Phone 8 Development Internals here.
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
- Core Features
- Chapter 1: Vision and architecture
- Chapter 2: App model and navigation
- Chapter 3: UI visuals and touch
- Chapter 4: Data binding and MVVM
- Chapter 5: Phone and media services
- Chapter 6: Sensors
- Chapter 7: Web connectivity
- Chapter 8: Web services and the cloud
- Chapter 9: Background agents
- Chapter 10: Local storage and databases
- Windows Phone 7 to Windows Phone 8
- Chapter 11: App publication
- Chapter 12: Profiling and diagnostics
- Chapter 13: Porting to Windows Phone 8 and multitargeting
- Chapter 14: Tiles and notifications
- Chapter 15: Contacts and calendar
- Chapter 16: Camera and photos
- Chapter 17: Networking and proximity
- Chapter 18: Location and maps
- New Windows Phone 8 Features
- Chapter 19: Speech
- Chapter 20: The Wallet
- Chapter 21: Monetizing your app
- Chapter 22: Enterprise apps
- Native Development and Windows Phone 8 convergence
- Chapter 23: Native development
- Chapter 24: Windows 8 convergence
- Chapter 25: Games and Direct3D
- About the Authors
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.
Download the errata
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase