This book is a guide to Perl¿s most common Win32 extensions, grouped by their functionality. The new edition updates coverage from Perl 5.05 to current Perl version 5.6. It also includes new chapters offering critical, badly-needed information regarding security for Win32Perl, the topic most highly requested by reviewers. The appendices have descriptions and syntax of each function in the extensions covered. Each chapter makes extensive use of code segments to illustrate the use of specific functions and real world scenarios in which these functions can be used.
1. Why Perl on your Win32 machine?
2. Network Administration.
3. Administration of Machines.
4. File Management.
9. Console, Sound, and Administrative Win32 Extensions.
10. Writing Your Own Extension.
12. Common Mistakes and Troubleshooting.