Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Wi-Fi Hotspots: Setting Up Public Wireless Internet Access
- Your Price: $36.00
- List Price: $45.00
- We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.
- Copyright 2007
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/8
- Pages: 264
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-266-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-266-8
Setting Up Public Wireless Internet Access
Installing and operating a Wi-Fi hotspot allows you to attract customers and differentiate your business. Deploying even a small wireless network has proven to be a difficult task for the average consumer, however. With this book as your guide, you can painlessly figure out the requirements for your Wi-Fi hotspot, how to properly set it up, how to operate it, and how to optimize it for the needs and security of your customers.
Wi-Fi Hotspots helps you throughout the entire process of setting up a hotspot to offer free or fee-based Internet access to the general public:
- Understand the benefits to your business of hosting a hotspot
- Decide what type of hotspot you should implement
- Examine what equipment is best suited for your hotspot
- Follow step-by-step procedures for setting up your hotspot
- Get the word out about your hotspot availability
- Ensure your hotspot is not used improperly
- Evaluate Wi-Fi security concerns
- Fix common problems hotspot users face
- Increase the coverage area of your Wi-Fi hotspot
Whether you are a small business owner looking to attract customers and distinguish your business or you are an IT professional at a larger organization looking to establish hotspot connectivity, this book provides you with everything you need to know in order to provide public wireless Internet access.
Eric Geier is a computing and wireless networking author and consultant. For several years, he’s be employed with Wireless-Nets, Ltd., a consulting firm focusing on the implementation of wireless mobile solutions and training.
Eric is a Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA). He is an author and contributor of several books and eLearning (CBT) courses. He is a regular contributor at Wi-FiPlanet.com.
For more information about Eric Geier, visit his website at http://www.egeier.com
The companion CD-ROM contains two software utilities, ZoneCD and NetStumbler, to help you implement and manage your Wi-Fi hotspot.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from
Cisco Press®, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Category: Wireless Networking
Covers: Wi-Fi Hotspots
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Learning Android Application Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building Android Applications
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- Bluetooth Low Energy: The Developer's Handbook
- Book $43.99
- Bluetooth low energy: The Developer's Handbook
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19