Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Web Technologies: A Computer Science Perspective
- Your Price: $124.95
- List Price: $147.00
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2007
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/4"
- Pages: 592
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-185603-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-185603-5
Web Technologies: A Computer Science Perspective is ideal for courses in Web-based Systems (aka Web/Internet Programming/Systems) in Computer Science, MIS, and IT departments.
This text introduces the key technologies that have been developed as part of the birth and maturation of the World Wide Web. It provides a consistent, in-depth treatment of technologies that are unlikely to receive detailed coverage in non-Web computer science courses. Students will find an ongoing case study that integrates a wide spectrum of Web technologies, guidance on setting up their own software environments, and a variety of exercises and project assignments.
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
1. Web Essentials: Clients, Servers, and Communication
2. Markup Languages: XHTML 1.0
3. Style Sheets: CSS
5. Host Objects: Browsers and the DOM
6. Server-Side Programming: Java Servlets
7. Representing Web Data: XML
8. Separating Programming and Presentation: JSP Technology
9. Web Services: JAX-RPC, WSDL, XML Schema, and SOAP
A. Software Installation
B. Storing Java Objects as Files
C. Databases and Java Servlets
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Developing Flex 4 Components: Using ActionScript & MXML to Extend Flex and AIR Applications
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79
- KML Handbook, The: Geographic Visualization for the Web
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39