Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
As the price of servers comes down to the level of desktop PCs, many small- and medium-sized businesses are forced to provide their own server setup, maintenance and support, without the high-dollar training enjoyed by their big corporation counterparts. Upgrading and Repairing Servers is the first line of defense for small- and medium-sized businesses, and an excellent go-to reference for the experienced administrators who have been asking for a reference guide like this one for a long time! It's all here in one, incredibly useful tome that you will refer to again and again.
Inside is in-depth coverage of server design and implementation, building and deploying, server hardware components, network and backup operations, SAN, fault tolerance, server racks, server rooms, server operating systems, as well as SUN Microsystems servers. No other computer hardware book has ever dared tackle this enormous topic - until now!
1. History of Server Technology.
2. Server Design and Implementation.
3. Server Microprocessors.
4. Server Chipsets.
5. Server Motherboards & BIOS.
7. The IDE Interface.
8. The Small System Computer Interface (SCSI) Bus.
9. I/O System Hardware.
10. Backup Operations.
11. Network Operations.
12. Disk Subsystems- Definition.
14. Fault Tolerance.
15. Power Protection.
17. Server Racks.
18. Server Rooms.
19. Server Platforms-Network Operating Systems.
20. SUN Microsystems Servers.
21. Building, Upgrading And Deploying Servers.
22. Server Testing and Maintenance.
B. List of Acronyms.
C. Vendor Database.