Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Unix Shell Programming, Adobe Reader, 3rd Edition
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2003
- Pages: 456
- Edition: 3rd
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-7686-6327-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7686-6327-3
Unix Shell Programming is a tutorial aimed at helping Unix and Linux users get optimal performance out of their operating out of their operating system. It shows them how to take control of their systems and work efficiently by harnessing the power of the shell to solve common problems. The reader learns everything he or she needs to know to customize the way a Unix system responds.
The vast majority of Unix users utilize the Korn shell or some variant of the Bourne shell, such as bash. Three are covered in the third edition of Unix Shell Programming. It begins with a generalized tutorial of Unix and tools and then moves into detailed coverage of shell programming.
Topics covered include: regular expressions, the kernel and the utilities, command files, parameters, manipulating text filters, understanding and debugging shell scripts, creating and utilizing variables, tools, processes, and customizing the shell.
Table of Contents
2. A Quick Review of the Basics.
3. What Is the Shell?
4. Tools of the Trade.
5. And Away We Go.
6. Can I Quote You on That?
7. Passing Arguments.
8. Decisions, Decisions.
9. Round and Round She Goes.
10. Reading and Printing Data.
11. Your Environment.
12. More on Parameters.
13. Loose Ends.
14. Rolo Revisited.
15. Interactive and Nonstandard Shell Features.
Appendix A. Shell Summary.
Appendix B. For More Information.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment, 3rd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.79
- UNIX Unbounded: A Beginning Approach, 5th Edition
- Book $135.15