A Web Edition is an online learning product that you view in your web browser while connected to the Internet. Some Web Editions include additional interactive features, such as videos, quizzes, or live code editing. Read the product description for more details. A Web Edition will be accessible from your Account page after purchase.
Viewing a Web Edition requires a web browser that fully supports HTML5. Supported platforms are:
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
With this exclusive online Learning Lab edition of the book, you can:
•Read the complete text of the book online – at your own pace, whenever you want
•Watch an expert instructor show you how perform key tasks in more than 45 short, easy-to-follow videos
•Test your understanding of the material after each lesson with a fully interactive online quiz
Three sample lessons are available for FREE online exactly as they appear in the full online Learning Lab -- with complete video walkthroughs and interactive quizzes (HTML5 browser required). Try them out today!
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours Learning Lab will help you master the Unity 5 game engine at the heart of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Kerbal Space Program and many other sizzling-hot games! You’ll learn everything from the absolute basics through sophisticated game physics, animation, and mobile device deployment techniques. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Learn how to…
- Get up and running fast with the Unity 5 game engine and editor
- Work efficiently with Unity’s graphical asset pipeline
- Make the most of lights and cameras
- Sculpt stunning worlds with Unity’s terrain and environmental tools
- Script tasks ranging from capturing input to building complex behaviors
- Quickly create repeatable, reusable game objects with prefabs
- Implement easy, intuitive game user interfaces
- Control players through built-in and custom character controllers
- Build realistic physical and trigger collisions
- Leverage the full power of Unity’s Mecanim animation system
- Integrate complex audio into your games
- Use mobile device accelerometers and multi-touch displays
- Modify desktop games for mobile platforms
- Apply the “finishing touches” and deploy your games
Three sample lessons (Hours 1, 2, and 3) are available for viewing online, exactly as they appear in the full Learning Lab with complete video walkthroughs and interactive quizzes (HTML5 browser required). Just click on a link below.
HOUR 4: Terrain
HOUR 5: Environments
HOUR 6: Lights and Cameras
HOUR 7: Game 1: Amazing Racer
HOUR 8: Scripting—Part 1
HOUR 9: Scripting—Part 2
HOUR 10: Collision
HOUR 11: Game 2: Chaos Ball
HOUR 12: Prefabs
HOUR 13: 2D Games Tools
HOUR 14: User Interfaces
HOUR 15: Game 3: Captain Blaster
HOUR 16: Particle Systems
HOUR 17: Animations
HOUR 18: Animators
HOUR 19: Game 4: Gauntlet Runner
HOUR 20: Audio
HOUR 21: Mobile Development
HOUR 22: Game Revisions
HOUR 23: Polish and Deploy
HOUR 24: Wrap Up