Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Unified Modeling Language User Guide, The, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $55.99
- List Price: $69.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2005
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 496
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-321-26797-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-26797-9
For nearly ten years, the Unified Modeling Language (UML) has been the industry standard for visualizing, specifying, constructing, and documenting the artifacts of a software-intensive system. As the de facto standard modeling language, the UML facilitates communication and reduces confusion among project stakeholders. The recent standardization of UML 2.0 has further extended the language's scope and viability. Its inherent expressiveness allows users to model everything from enterprise information systems and distributed Web-based applications to real-time embedded systems.
In this eagerly anticipated revision of the best-selling and definitive guide to the use of the UML, the creators of the language provide a tutorial to its core aspects in a two-color format designed to facilitate learning. Starting with an overview of the UML, the book explains the language gradually by introducing a few concepts and notations in each chapter. It also illustrates the application of the UML to complex modeling problems across a variety of application domains. The in-depth coverage and example-driven approach that made the first edition of The Unified Modeling Language User Guide an indispensable resource remain unchanged. However, content has been thoroughly updated to reflect changes to notation and usage required by UML 2.0.
- A new chapter on components and internal structure, including significant new capabilities for building encapsulated designs
- New details and updated coverage of provided and required interfaces, collaborations, and UML profiles
- Additions and changes to discussions of sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, and more
- Coverage of many other changes introduced by the UML 2.0 specification
With this essential guide, you will quickly get up to speed on the latest features of the industry standard modeling language and be able to apply them to your next software project.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- MDA Distilled
- Book $34.39