Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Unified Modeling Language Reference Manual, The, 2nd Edition
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2005
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 752
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-321-24562-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-24562-5
“If you are a serious user of UML, there is no other book quite like this one. I have been involved with the UML specification process for some time, but I still found myself learning things while reading through this book—especially on the changes and new capabilities that have come with UML.”—Ed Seidewitz, Chief Architect, IntelliData Technologies Corporation
The latest version of the Unified Modeling Language—UML 2.0—has increased its capabilities as the standard notation for modeling software-intensive systems. Like most standards documents, however, the official UML specification is difficult to read and navigate. In addition, UML 2.0 is far more complex than previous versions, making a thorough reference book more essential than ever.
In this significantly updated and expanded edition of the definitive reference to the standard, James Rumbaugh, Ivar Jacobson, and Grady Booch—the UML’s creators—clearly and completely describe UML concepts, including major revisions to sequence diagrams, activity models, state machines, components, internal structure of classes and components, and profiles. Whether you are capturing requirements, developing software architectures, designing implementations, or trying to understand existing systems, this is the book for you.
- Alphabetical dictionary of articles covering every UML concept
- Integrated summary of UML concepts by diagram type
- Two-color diagrams with extensive annotations in blue
- Thorough coverage of both semantics and notation, separated in each article for easy reference
- Further explanations of concepts whose meaning or purpose is obscure in the original specifications
- Discussion sections offering usage advice and additional insight into tricky concepts
- Notation summary, with references to individual articles
- A hyperlinked version of the book in Adobe Reader format on CD-ROM, an excellent resource for browsing or searching the text for specific information
- An enhanced online index available on the book’s web site allowing readers to quickly and easily search the entire text for specific topics
The result is an indispensable resource for anyone who needs to understand the inner workings of the industry standard modeling language.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- MDA Distilled
- Book $34.39