Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Understanding DB2: Learning Visually with Examples, 2nd Edition
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $41.59
- List Price: $51.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/4
- Pages: 1056
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-158018-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-158018-3
The Easy, Visual Way to Master IBM® DB2 for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows®—Fully Updated for Version 9.5
IBM DB2 9 and DB2 9.5 provide breakthrough capabilities for providing Information on Demand, implementing Web services and Service Oriented Architecture, and streamlining information management. Understanding DB2: Learning Visually with Examples, Second Edition, is the easiest way to master the latest versions of DB2 and apply their full power to your business challenges.
Written by four IBM DB2 experts, this book introduces key concepts with dozens of examples drawn from the authors' experience working with DB2 in enterprise environments. Thoroughly updated for DB2 9.5, it covers new innovations ranging from manageability to performance and XML support to API integration. Each concept is presented with easy-to-understand screenshots, diagrams, charts, and tables.
This book is for everyone who works with DB2: database administrators, system administrators, developers, and consultants. With hundreds of well-designed review questions and answers, it will also help professionals prepare for the IBM DB2 Certification Exams 730, 731, or 736.
- Choosing the right version of DB2 for your needs
- Installing and configuring DB2
- Understanding the DB2 environment, instances, and databases
- Establishing client and server connectivity
- Working with database objects
- Utilizing breakthrough pureXML™ technology, which provides for nativeXML support
- Mastering administration, maintenance, performance optimization, troubleshooting, and recovery
- Understanding improvements in the DB2 process, memory, and storage models
- Implementing effective database security
- Leveraging the power of SQL and XQuery
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- DB2 SQL Tuning Tips for z/OS Developers
- Book $27.99