- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 624
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6607-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6607-8
EXAM PREP GUIDE
Ace your preparation for the skills measured by Exam 70-462—and on the job—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce and apply what you’ve learned through real-world case scenarios and practice exercises.
Maximize your performance on the exam by mastering the skills and experience measured by these objectives:
- Install and configure SQL Server
- Maintain instances and databases
- Optimize and troubleshoot SQL Server
- Manage data
- Implement security
- Implement high availability
A Note Regarding Practice Tests
Assess your skills with practice tests. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Download the sample databases
To complete the practices in this Training Kit, you need to download two sample databases.
- Click the following links:
Download the sample AdventureWorks2012 database
Download the sample AdventureWorksDW2012 database
- Click Save.
- Choose a location where you want to store this sample database (.mdf file).
IMPORTANT While you can save the .mdf file wherever you like, the practices in this Training Kit require that you use the C:\AdventureWorks2012 directory and C:\AdventureWorksDW2012 directory to store the databases. The examples in this book also assume this location for the databases.
Attach the sample databases
- Start SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Connect to your SQL Server 2012 instance.
For each database:
- In Object Explorer, right-click the Databases node beneath your SQL Server 2012 instance and then choose Attach.
- Beneath Databases To Attach, click Add.
- In the Local Database Files dialog, scroll to the downloaded .mdf file that you saved locally, select it, and then click OK.
IMPORTANT When using this method to attach, SSMS will by default also search for the .ldf file (which isn't included), causing the attach-process to fail. You must manually remove the .ldf file before clicking OK as discussed in the next step.
- Beneath the database details list, select the Log file (filename ending with .ldf) and then click Remove.
- Click OK.
Problems attaching sample databases
If you have problems attaching a sample database, you can find complete instructions for attaching databases here.
The above links do not include the Practice Tests. If you purchased the eBook from this site, the practice test files are available for download on your Account page, under the Disc Contents tab.
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.
Download the errata