- By Christian Johansen
- Published Aug 26, 2010 by Addison-Wesley Professional. Part of the Developer's Library series.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7 X 9
- Pages: 480
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-68404-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68404-2
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Product Author Bios
• Understanding automated testing and TDD
• Building effective automated testing workflows
• Testing code for both browsers and servers (using Node.js)
• Using TDD to build cleaner APIs, better modularized code, and more robust software
• Writing testable code
• Using test stubs and mocks to test units in isolation
• Continuously improving code through refactoring
• Walking through the construction and automated testing of fully functional software
The accompanying Web site, tddjs.com, contains all of the book’s code listings and additional resources.
Table of Contents
Part I: Test-Driven Development
Chapter 1: Automated Testing
Chapter 2: The Test Driven Development Process
Chapter 3: Tools of the Trade
Chapter 4: Test to Learn
Chapter 5: Functions
Chapter 6: Applied Functions and Closures
Chapter 7: Objects and Prototypal Inheritance
Chapter 8: ECMAScript 5th Edition
Chapter 10: Feature Detection
Chapter 11: The Observer Pattern
Chapter 12: Abstracting Browser Differences: Ajax
Chapter 13: Streaming Data With Ajax and Comet
Chapter 15: TDD and DOM Manipulation: The Chat Client
Part IV: Testing Patterns
Chapter 16: Mocking and Stubbing
Chapter 17: Writing Good Unit Tests
Also available in other formats.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.