Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
A reference based title written in an approachable first person point of view. This book teaches a reader how to upgrade his PC and peripherals to increase productivity on his PC without intimidating or offending him. Straight-forward conversational tone on upgrading hardware and software-the decision to upgrade or not. This title provides basic information in purchasing and installing the newest technology for multimedia, fast Internet access and more. Finally the reader learns how various software applications and operating systems upgrades can help him use or not use his PC more efficiently.
This book gives its readers the foundation on what a PC is and how to upgrade it in everyday language without being intimidating or insulting. Upgrading & Repairing Your PC is a task-oriented explanation of PC hardware and software upgrading.
1. Why Upgrade Your PC?
2. Making the Most of the Money You Have.
3. Inside the Box—Evaluating Your System.
4. Upgrade Overview—What It Takes.
5. Preparing for Your Upgrade.
6. Cheap Fixes for Common Problems.
7 Operating System Fixes.
8. Avoid RAM Cram—Add More.
9. Faster and Faster CPUs—Which One for You?
11. Interface This! Cards & Ports.
12. Adding Another Hard Disk.
13. Floppy Drive Replacements & Upgrades.
14. Understanding Optical Drives.
15. Storage You Can Remove.
17. Scanners and Digital Cameras.
18. Get a Better View with Better Video.
19. Souping Up Your Stereophonic PC.
20. Home Networking.
21. Internet Connections.
22. Power Supplies.
23. Upgrading Your Operating System.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.