TechTV's Upgrading Your PC, Adobe Reader
Product Author Bios
Mark Edward Soper, an A+ Certified hardware technician and a Microsoft Certified Professional, is president of Select Systems and Associates, Inc., a technical writing and training organization. Mark has taught computer troubleshooting and other technical subjects to thousands of students since 1992. Mark also has contributed to Upgrading and Repairing PCs, 11th and 12th Editions, Academic Edition.
Patrick Norton co-hosts TechTV's daily live interactive show for computer enthusiasts, The Screen Savers. Patrick, a behind-the-scenes tech guru at TechTV since its initial launch, wrote and tested products for technology related media outlets such as PC Magazine, Computer Shopper, InfoWorld, and Window Sources Magazine.
A reference based title written in an approachable first person point of view. This book teaches a reader how to upgrade his PC and peripherals to increase productivity on his PC without intimidating or offending him. Straight-forward conversational tone on upgrading hardware and software-the decision to upgrade or not. This title provides basic information in purchasing and installing the newest technology for multimedia, fast Internet access and more. Finally the reader learns how various software applications and operating systems upgrades can help him use or not use his PC more efficiently.
This book gives its readers the foundation on what a PC is and how to upgrade it in everyday language without being intimidating or insulting. Upgrading & Repairing Your PC is a task-oriented explanation of PC hardware and software upgrading.
Table of Contents
1. Why Upgrade Your PC?
2. Making the Most of the Money You Have.
3. Inside the Box—Evaluating Your System.
4. Upgrade Overview—What It Takes.
5. Preparing for Your Upgrade.
6. Cheap Fixes for Common Problems.
7 Operating System Fixes.
8. Avoid RAM Cram—Add More.
9. Faster and Faster CPUs—Which One for You?
11. Interface This! Cards & Ports.
12. Adding Another Hard Disk.
13. Floppy Drive Replacements & Upgrades.
14. Understanding Optical Drives.
15. Storage You Can Remove.
17. Scanners and Digital Cameras.
18. Get a Better View with Better Video.
19. Souping Up Your Stereophonic PC.
20. Home Networking.
21. Internet Connections.
22. Power Supplies.
23. Upgrading Your Operating System.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
This eBook requires the free Adobe® Digital Editions software.
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID. If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.