Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Software Architecture in Practice, 2nd Edition
- This product currently is not for sale.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $51.19
- List Price: $63.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 6-1/4x9-1/4
- Pages: 560
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-321-15495-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-15495-8
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-68039-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68039-6
This award-winning book, substantially updated to reflect the latest developments in the field, introduces the concepts and best practices of software architecture--how a software system is structured and how that system's elements are meant to interact. Distinct from the details of implementation, algorithm, and data representation, an architecture holds the key to achieving system quality, is a reusable asset that can be applied to subsequent systems, and is crucial to a software organization's business strategy.
Drawing on their own extensive experience, the authors cover the essential technical topics for designing, specifying, and validating a system. They also emphasize the importance of the business context in which large systems are designed. Their aim is to present software architecture in a real-world setting, reflecting both the opportunities and constraints that companies encounter. To that end, case studies that describe successful architectures illustrate key points of both technical and organizational discussions.
Topics new to this edition include:
- Architecture design and analysis, including the Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method (ATAM)
- Capturing quality requirements and achieving them through quality scenarios and tactics
- Using architecture reconstruction to recover undocumented architectures
- Documenting architectures using the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- New case studies, including Web-based examples and a wireless Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) system designed to support wearable computers
- The financial aspects of architectures, including use of the Cost Benefit Analysis Method (CBAM) to make decisions
If you design, develop, or manage the building of large software systems (or plan to do so), or if you are interested in acquiring such systems for your corporation or government agency, use Software Architecture in Practice, Second Edition, to get up to speed on the current state of software architecture.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Architecting Complex-Event Processing Solutions with TIBCO®
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- Process for System Architecture and Requirements Engineering
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99