Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Silverlight 1.0 Unleashed
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/8
- Pages: 272
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-672-33007-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-672-33007-0
Code samples appear as they do in Visual Studio and Expression Blend!
Printed entirely in color, with helpful figures and syntax coloring to make code samples appear as they do in Visual Studio and Expression Blend!
Silverlight is a lightweight but powerful plug-in for multiple web browsers on multiple operating systems that makes it easier than ever to create rich web-based content, applications, and controls. With support for vector graphics, animations, full-screen high-definition video, and more, Silverlight gives you the ability to create more compelling content than you dreamed possible for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Silverlight provides much of the power of Windows Presentation Foundation, but with less overhead and easy integration with HTML and AJAX-style applications. Silverlight 1.0 Unleashed is the authoritative book that covers the technology in a practical and approachable fashion, authored by Silverlight guru and Microsoft developer Adam Nathan.
- Covers everything you need to know about Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML) in Silverlight
- Examines the Silverlight feature areas in depth: graphics, text, audio, video, animation, ink, events, and more
- Demonstrates how to create reusable controls and perform common tasks (such as drag-and-drop) using basic building blocks
- Explains how to download assets asynchronously to maximize your user experience
- Demonstrates how to create hybrid applications that mix Silverlight content with HTML or Flash content
- Highlights features scheduled for future versions of Silverlight while showing how to achieve your desired results with the current version
Part I Fundamentals
1 Getting Started 9
2 XAML 39
Part II Creating Static Content
3 Shapes, Lines, and Curves 61
4 Text 83
5 Brushes and Images 99
6 Positioning and Transforming Elements 117
Part III Making Your Content Come to Life
7 Responding to Input Events 143
8 Downloading Content on Demand 179
9 Animation 191
10 Audio and Video 219
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- C# Async Fundamentals LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable
- Downloadable Video $79.99