Search Engine Marketing, Inc. I, II, III, and IV LiveLessons (Video Training): Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site
- Copyright 2012
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-262045-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-262045-1
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
14+ Hours of Video Instruction
Search Engine Marketing LiveLessons provides all the background needed to be a search engine marketer. You will learn how to systematically address every issue you’re likely to encounter, while helping you implement timeless strategies for delivering superior long-term results.
In this comprehensive LiveLessons Mike Moran a world-class expert presents today's best practices, step-by-step techniques, and hard-won tips for using search engine marketing to achieve your sales and marketing goals, whatever they are. The lessons thoroughly cover both the business and technical aspects of contemporary search engine marketing, walking beginners through the basics while providing reliable insights for experienced professionals. This LiveLessons guides you through profiting from social media marketing, site search, advanced keyword tools, hybrid paid search auctions, and much more. You will walk step-by-step through every facet of creating an effective program: projecting business value, selling stakeholders and executives, building teams, choosing strategy, implementing metrics, and above all, execution.
About the Instructor
Mike Moran has worked on the Web since its earliest days, in both marketing and technical roles, including eight years at ibm.com, IBM’s customer-facing Web site. He was named an IBM Distinguished Engineer in 2005. In 2008, Mike retired from IBM to pursue speaking, writing, and consulting, including serving as Chief Strategist for the digital communications agency Converseon. Mike is the author of Do It Wrong Quickly and Search Engine Marketing, Inc., and he writes regular columns on search marketing for Revenue magazine, WebProNews, and Search Engine Guide. He’s a member of the Search Engine Marketing Council of the Direct Marketing Association and a charter member of the DMA’s Interactive Marketing Advisory Board. Mike is a frequent keynote speaker on Internet marketing at events around the world, serves as a Visiting Lecturer to the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business, and holds an Advanced Certificate in Market Management Practice from the Royal UK Charter Institute of Marketing. Mike can be reached through his Web site (www.mikemoran.com), which is also the home of his Biznology newsletter and blog.
- All levels
What You Will Learn
- Identify and leverage new search engine marketing opportunities arising from social media
- Align search engine marketing with your company’s evolving strategic and tactical goals
- Implement programs that drive sustainable improvements— not counterproductive quick fixes
- Systematically optimize your existing Web site search programs
- Manage the unique marketing challenges associated with large sites
- Create monthly scorecards and use them to drive improvement
- Provide effective guidance to content developers and designers in language they’ll understand
- Automate checking and reporting for every page on your site
- Choose effective target keywords, optimize your content, and attract links
- Make the most of Google, Yahoo!, Live Search, and specialized and local search tools
- Measure site-wide success rates across multiple systems and technologies
- Hire the right SEO consultant—and avoid the wrong ones
- Set your budget with a focus on profitability, customer acquisition, providing lifetime value
Who Should Take This Course
- Whether you’re a marketing, Web, or IT professional, product manager, or content specialist, Search Engine Marketing, Inc., LiveLessons will help you define your SEO/SEM goals, craft a best-practices program for achieving them, and implement it flawlessly.
- An interest in understanding search engine marketing and how to implement it.
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Why Search Marketing Is Important...and Difficult
Lesson 2: How Search Engines Work
Lesson 3: How Search Marketing Works
Lesson 4: How Searchers Work
Lesson 5: Identify Your Web Site’s Goals
Lesson 6: Measure Your Web Site’s Success
Lesson 7: Measure Your Search Marketing Success
Lesson 8: Define Your Search Marketing Strategy
Lesson 9: Sell Your Search Marketing Proposal
Lesson 10: Get Your Site Indexed
Lesson 11: Choose Your Target Keywords
Lesson 12: Optimize Your Content
Lesson 13: Attract Links to Your Site
Lesson 14A: Optimize Your Paid Search Program
Lesson 14B: Optimize Your Paid Search Program
Lesson 15: Make Search Marketing Operational
Lesson 16A: Explore New Media and Social Media
Lesson 16B: Explore New Media and Social Media
Lesson 17: Optimize Your Web Site Search
Lesson 18: What’s Next?
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home & Office Technologies, Business & Management, and more. View all LiveLessons at http://www.ibmpressbooks.com/livelessons
- Your Price: $119.99
- List Price: $149.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Your Price: $119.99
- List Price: $149.99
- About this video
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Outside in Search Marketing LiveLessons (Video Training)
- Downloadable Video $55.99