Graphics & Web Design
Photoshop & Adobe
Scientific Imaging with Photoshop: Methods, Measurement, and Output
- Your Price: $48.00
- List Price: $60.00
About Watermarked eBooks
This PDF will be accessible from your Account page after purchase and requires the free Adobe® Reader® software to read it.
The eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Watermarked eBook FAQ
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7-1/2 X 9-1/8
- Pages: 312
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-51477-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-51477-6
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
Adobe Photoshop is one of the more powerful tools available to scientists today. It is indispensable in the preparation of digital images of specimens for measurement, especially for separating relevant features from background detail. Scientific Imaging with Photoshop is the authoritative guide to the use of Photoshop in scientific research, with a special emphasis on the ethical ramifications of the use of image-enhancement software to extract data from digital images. Beginning Photoshop users will benefit from its tutorials in the basics of image processing, and more sophisticated users will appreciate the sections on automating Photoshop operations with actions. In addition, the book lays out procedures in straightforward language for acquiring digital images as well as outputting processed images in digital and hard-copy formats.
Scientific Imaging with Photoshop provides all this and more:
• Little-known methods separating features of interest from the background for subsequent quantification
• How to make dense colors and subtle visual detail reproduce properly in publication
• Correct Photoshop methods and techniques for all user levels
• Procedures that are usable in legacy versions of Photoshop as well as Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Extended
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase