Maya in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself, Rough Cuts
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 400
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-325636-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325636-9
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Maya® in 24 Hours will help you master Autodesk Maya 2014 and use it to create outstanding 3D graphics and animations. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master powerful Maya 2014 tools for modeling, texturing, rigging, animating, lighting, rendering, and more. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Maya tasks.
Quizzes and exercises test your knowledge of key Maya 2014 tools at the end of each hour.
Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Learn how to…
- Get comfortable with Autodesk Maya 2014's complex interface
- Quickly access the Maya 2014 tools you need for any task
- Efficiently manage your assets and files
- Model with polygonal geometry and NURBS curves/surfaces
- Unfold UVs and apply textures
- Create node networks in the hypershade
- Model highly realistic characters
- Utilize relationships and make nodes work together
- Rig your objects and characters for animation
- Add animated movement to your scenes
- Create and adjust cameras
- Build diverse shapes with BlendShapes
- Animate using dynamics and simulations
- Script and automate common tasks
- Improve realism with particles, hair/cloth effects, and more
- Correctly light your scenes
- Render your final imagery
- Work effectively with film
- Manage your projects and scene workflows more efficiently
On the DVD: The accompanying DVD contains how-to videos for dozens of key Maya 2014 tasks, extensive sample art and models, and additional bonus content.