This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
&>A clear, easy-to-understand tutorial for developers who want to write software for today's hottest market: iPhone, iTouch, and App Store!
iPhone is the world's hottest application market: more than 500,000 developers have downloaded Apple's iPhone software development kit in just one year. Now there's a friendly, accessible guide to iPhone development for every programmer, regardless of experience. In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself iPhone Application Development in 24 Hours will help beginning iPhone and mobile developers gain true mastery, so you can construct virtually any iPhone application. Each lesson builds on everything that's come before, helping you learn all they need to know without ever becoming overwhelmed. Coverage includes: preparing for iPhone development; navigating the development environment; mastering Objective-C and the MVC paradigm; using widgets and webviews; implementing multiple views; reading and writing data; building user interfaces; generating graphics; playing media; using maps; networking; using the touch interface; sensing motion; pushing application updates; debugging; optimization; distributing software via the App Store; and more. By the time you are finished you'll be comfortable enough to write real-world apps that sell.
Download Appendix A, Xcode 4 Reference, here
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 6 and Index)
1. Preparing Your System and iPhone for Development
2. Exploring the Development Environment
3. Discovering Objective-C: The Language of Apple Platforms
4. Inside Objective-C and Cocoa Touch - Where the Rubber Meets the Road
5. Understanding Model-View-Controller
6. Creating a Simple Application Input and Views
7. Extending the Application Interface with Widgets and WebViews
8. Getting the User's Attention
9. Implementing Multiple Views with Tab Bars
10. Navigating Data Using Table Views
11. Reading and Writing Data
12. Building Rotatable and Resizable User Interfaces
13. Generating Graphics
14. Using Media Playback Features
15. Adding Media Recording
16. Interacting with Other Applications
17. Implementing Map and Location Services
18. Exploring iPhone Networking Services
19. Using OpenGL Graphics
20. Extending the Touch Interface
21. Sensing Movement with Accelerometer Input
22. Staying Up-to-Date with Push Notifications
23. Distributing Applications Through the App Store
24. iPhone Debugging and Optimization
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.