Ruby on Rails Tutorial: Learn Web Development with Rails, Rough Cuts, 2nd Edition
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 640
- Edition: 2nd
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-304727-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-304727-1
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
“Ruby on Rails™ Tutorial by Michael Hartl has become a must-read for developers learning how to build Rails apps.”
—Peter Cooper, Editor of Ruby Inside
Using Rails, developers can build web applications of exceptional elegance and power. Although its remarkable capabilities have made Ruby on Rails one of the world’s most popular web development frameworks, it can be challenging to learn and use. Ruby on Rails™ Tutorial, Second Edition, is the solution. Best-selling author and leading Rails developer Michael Hartl teaches Rails by guiding you through the development of your own complete sample application using the latest techniques in Rails web development. The updates to this edition include all-new site design using Twitter’s Bootstrap; coverage of the new asset pipeline, including Sprockets and Sass; behavior-driven development (BDD) with Capybara and RSpec; better automated testing with Guard and Spork; roll your own authentication with has_secure_password; and an introduction to Gherkin and Cucumber.
This book will help you
- Install and set up your Rails development environment
- Go beyond generated code to truly understand how to build Rails applications from scratch
- Learn test-driven development (TDD) with RSpec
- Effectively use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern
- Structure applications using the REST architecture
- Build static pages and transform them into dynamic ones
- Master the Ruby programming skills all Rails developers need
- Define high-quality site layouts and data models
- Implement registration and authentication systems, including validation and secure passwords
- Update, display, and delete users
- Add social features and microblogging, including an introduction to Ajax
- Record version changes with Git and share code at GitHub
- Simplify application deployment with Heroku
Other Things You Might Like
- Refactoring: Ruby Edition: Ruby Edition
- Book $43.99
- Ruby on Rails Tutorial: Learn Web Development with Rails, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79