This book is a complete dedication to the RPG/400 programming language and the AS/400 environment. KEY TOPICS: Procedures to externally process the AS/400 database and traditional RPG coding methods; demonstrates how to source code, compile, debug, and load physical files; figures are included to illustrate the syntax and logic of RPG/400 programs, files, and subfiles; addresses other important AS/400 software with separate appendices for SEU, PDM, DFU, SDA.
(NOTE: Each chapter concludes with a Summary, Questions, and Programming Assignments.)
1. The AS/400 Environment.
2. Physical Files.
3. Introduction to RPG/400 Programming.
4. Report Headings and Editing.
5. RPG/400 Calculations (Arithmetic Functions).
6. RPG/400 Structured Operations for Decision Making, Branching, and Looping Control.
7. Excpt Operation, Internal Subroutines, and Calling Programs.
8. Control Level Break Processing.
9. Data Structures and Data Areas.
10. Table Processing.
11. Array Processing.
12. Data Validation (Batch Mode).
13. Physical File Maintenance (Batch Mode).
14. Display Files.
15. Interactive Processing.
16. Logical Files.
18. Printer Files.
19. Control Language Programming.
20. Sort and Open Query File.
21. Program Debugging.