Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Real-Time Java Platform Programming
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2002
- Dimensions: K
- Pages: 352
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-028261-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-028261-3
Build powerful real-time Java platform applications.
- The authoritative reference to the Real-Time Specification for Java (RTSJ)by one of its creators
- Complete introduction to Java-based RT developmentno real-time experience necessary
- Covers scheduling, asynchronous transfer control, timers, non-heap memory, garbage collection, performance tradeoffs, program structure, and more
Written for experienced Java platform developers, this practical guide provides a solid grounding in real-time programming. Dibble, a member of the RTSJ expert group, starts with an overview of real-time issues unique to the Java platform. He then explains how to use each major feature of the RTSJ.
From broad real-time principles to detailed programming pitfalls, Real-Time Java Platform Programming covers everything you need to know to build effective RT programs. Key topics include:
- Interoperability with non-RT code, tradeoffs in real-time development, and RT issues for the JVMtm software
- Garbage collection, non-heap access, physical and "immortal" memory, and constant-time allocation of non-heap memory
- Priority scheduling, deadline scheduling, and rate monotonic analysis
- Closures, asynchronous transfer of control, asynchronous events, and timers
State-of-the-art information for RT developers:
- Threads scheduling
- Real-time scheduling
- Raw memory access
- Performance tradeoffs
- Recommended practices
- Implementation hints
- Dozens of code examples and step-by-step walk-throughs
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- J2EE Platform Web Services
- Book $43.99