Microsoft Project 2013 LiveLessons (Video Training)
3.5 Hours of Video Instruction
Learn everything you need to know in order to plan projects and collaborate with others from virtually anywhere!
• Start-to-finish personal training on Project 2013: just watch and learn!
• Simple, quick video walkthroughs of the tasks you perform most often!
• Great personalized training at a fraction of the cost...for everyone who doesn't have time to read a book!
These video lessons will ensure that you can harness the power of Project faster and more easily than ever before! In nine thorough parts, Project 2013 LiveLessons shows you how to easily and efficiently create and maintain projects from scratch or with templates. The expert instructor simplifies powerful features and tools so you can truly harness the power built into Project! Just watch: You’ll master high-powered skills at your own pace–and get specific answers and solutions immediately, whenever you need them! For anyone who wants to master Microsoft Project 2013 fast!
1. Introduction to the Importance of MS Project to support Project, Program and Portfolio Management
2. Setup of the MS Project for the best and fastest ease of use
3. Navigation & Best Practices using Projects Ribbon Interface
4. Overview of new features of Project 2013 and their importance to the PM community of Practice
5. Creating and Starting Projects from Scratch or with Templates
6. Best Practices in Building a Dynamic Schedule
7. Best Practices in Managing & Progressing Schedules
8. Understanding how to Work with Resources and Resource Assignments and Scheduling
9. Formatting and Presenting Project Information to Stakeholders with Views and Reporting options
All of the lessons offer practical examples that will help you to benefit from what you are learning. You can easily take what you learn and implement it immediately in your real-life projects!
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons from Que Publishing at:
Cindy Lewis is a project management consultant, trainer, and author with over 20 years’ experience. As a Senior Project Advisor & Director of Knowledge Management at Advisicon, a Gold Partner, she is currently specializing in helping companies improve their PM maturity through application of PM methods and Project/Project Server/Project Online. Her specialty is implementing customer business processes into configured solutions. Cindy has numerous credentials in the field of project management - PMP, PMI-SP, MOS, MS, MCTS, MCT and MVP. She was awarded for her second consecutive year the Most Valuable Professional in Project this fall. Priding herself on her technical ability, she passed both Project 2013 exams within the first two weeks they were released. Cindy has worked with Microsoft as a Subject Matter Expert to assist with Project/Project Server exam development for all versions including 2013. Cindy has extensive customer experience. This experience translates into providing her customers with creative solutions that deliver excellent results. In addition, Cindy serves as the Director of Public Relations for the Western Michigan Chapter of PMI (WMPMI) and has over 10 years of volunteer service to this chapter and has held numerous board positions throughout this time. She is known for starting the first international study group for the PMI-Scheduling Professional (SP) certification in addition to developing and teaching the second world-wide delivery of a prep course for this credential. Cindy is a regular speaker at professional events including the Microsoft Project Conference and PMI chapters around Michigan.