Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Develop AI-powered apps and games for HoloLens and mixed reality headsets
This is a complete guide to programming AI-powered mixed reality apps with the Windows Mixed Reality platform. Step by step, Dawid Borycki guides you through every type of mixed reality development, from simple 2D to cutting-edge apps for Microsoft HoloLens and immersive headsets. First, you’ll learn to write UWP 2D apps that adapt for any Windows 10 device, transfer camera images to machine learning services, and use mobile sensor readings to control headset content. Then, building on these skills, you’ll master every facet of building cross-platform 3D apps that link augmented reality content to real objects.
Advanced Microsoft technology expert Dawid Borycki shows how to:
Follow the instructions to download this book's lesson files.
Part I: Fundamentals
1. Introduction to Windows Mixed Reality
2. Development Tools
3. Configuring the Development Environment, Emulators and Hardware
Part II. Developing 2D UWP Apps
4. UWP Basics
5. Media Controls
6. Microsoft Cognitive Services
7. Communicating with Devices
Part III. Developing 3D Apps
8. 3D Graphics Fundamentals
9. Unity Basics
10. Physics and Scripting
11. Animations and Navigation
12. Understanding HoloLens-Specific Functionalities
13. An AI-Powered 3D App
14. Attaching Holograms to Real Objects with Vuforia