Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
This is the first start-to-finish guide to programming AI-powered mixed reality apps and games using today’s breakthrough technologies -- including Microsoft Cognitive Services, Unity, Vuforia, Xamarin UrhoSharp, and the Universal Windows Platform. Pioneering mixed reality developer Dawid Borycki guides you through every aspect and phase of mixed reality development, from simple 2D apps to cutting-edge apps that run on Microsoft HoloLens and today’s newest immersive headsets. One step at a time, you’ll learn how to:
Part I: Mixed Reality Fundamentals
1. Introduction to Mixed Reality in Windows 10
2. Exploring the Development Tools
3. Configuring the Development Environment, Emulators and Hardware
Part II. Developing 2D UWP Apps
4. Understanding UWP Basics
5. Working with Media Controls, Speech Synthesis and Recognition
6. Using Microsoft Cognitive Services to Develop AI-Enabled apps
7. Connecting with Other Devices
Part III. Developing 3D Apps
8. Understanding 3D Graphics Fundamentals
9. Using the Unity Editor to Create and Modify 3D Scenes
10. Adding Physical Effects and Interactivity to 3D Scenes
11. Adding Animations to 3D Objects in Unity
12. Understanding HoloLens-Specific Functionalities
13. Creating an AI-Powered 3D App
14. Installing and Using the Vufora Extension for Unity
15. Using UrhoSharp to Build 3D Mixed Reality Apps