This book presents a general methodology for process engineering and design which can be applied to solve any specific air pollution control problem. KEY TOPICS: Problem- solving coverage includes optimization techniques, cost estimation methodology, control of gaseous pollutants emissions and nitrogen oxides emissions, the design of fabric filters, flue gas desulfurization systems, control of particulate matter emissions, and more. MARKET: Aimed at chemical engineers to fully exploit their potential for the solution of air pollution control engineering problems.
1. An Overview of the Air Pollution Problem.
2. Cost Estimation Methodology.
3. Incineration for Control of VOC Emissions.
4. Adsorption Devices.
5. Flue Gas Desulfurization.
6. Control of Nitrogen Oxides.
7. Fundamentals of Particulate Emissions Control.
8. Cyclonic Devices.
9. Electrostatic Precipitators.
10. Fabric Filters.
Appendixes: Heat Capacity Equations; Heating Values of Various Compounds; Clean Air Act Ammendments of 1990; Gaussian Quadrature.