Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- By Klaus Dostert
- Published Jun 11, 2001 by Prentice Hall. Part of the Prentice Hall Communications Engineering and Emerging Technologies Series series.
- Your Price: $79.90
- List Price: $94.00
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2001
- Dimensions: K
- Pages: 352
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-029342-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-029342-8
Power line-based communications networks: research, standards, applications, economics, and more.
- The state-of-the-art in power line communications: high-speed Internet access and beyond
- Maximizing data rates and minimizing electromagnetic compatibility problems
- Up-to-the-minute coverage of economic and regulatory issues
- For system evaluators, planners, designers, and technical implementers
Power line communications (PLC) represents an exceptionally promising alternative for high-speed Internet access and data networking. Until now, however, little credible information has been available concerning R&D in the field. In Power Line Communications, leading researcher Klaus Dostert reviews significant technical progress toward high-speed information access over power lines at data rates of multiple Mbps. He explains how PLC can be integrated into existing telecommunications networks and reviews the economic and regulatory issues associated with deployment - including new opportunities in an era of utility deregulation. Coverage includes:
- PLC in context: historical roots, limitations, and potential
- Existing power networks and their characteristics
- PLC networking based on Europe's CENELEC EN 50065 standard
- Applications beyond Internet access: from home/building automation to digital audio and video from the wall-socket
- Technical options for maximizing data rates
- Solving electromagnetic compatibility problems
- Promising transmission and access methods
- The state-of-the-art in device and system development
- A realistic assessment of the future of power line communications
- An extensive bibliography, structured by issue
Whatever your role in evaluating, designing, or implementing PLC networks, Power Line Communications offers the first single source for authoritative information on the state of the art.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Space-Time Wireless Channels
- Book $84.15